Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of school!! =)

First day of school was a success!!!
Last night we had a nice FHE about manners at school and about learning. Daddy also gave us all a nice blessing and we packed our bags and snacks. Jett was SUPER excited and told me at LEAST ten times to remember to set my alarm! We all got up nice and early and got ready to go! After a couple wrong turns we made it to school on time and had fun seeing cousins and teachers and new friends. I left Dallas and Tucker with Grandma Karen and went to the teacher's prayer meeting and then we all met for devotional. I loved seeing all the kids dressed up and singing a hymn, saying the pledge of allegiance, and having a thought and a prayer to start the day. THAT is one of the best things about PHA. I love that the spirit is there along with the regular school stuff. It's so great! Jett looked a little nervous when we first arrived, but jumped right in and wasted no time taking off with friends and not looking back. He loved it all and especially had fun playing tag during breaks. He gets to ride home with his friend Bella and he was so excited to tell me how great school is. He even enjoyed getting his homework done for tomorrow! I'm so excited for Jett and that he finally gets to go to school. He has great teachers and I know it's going to be a great year!
As for my class, it went well! I hope to get to know these 3rd grade girls better and be a good math teacher for them. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and I have LOTS of great examples in the teachers already there and they are all such a big help to me. I get to teach just the first hour at PHA so when I get home, I get to do "school" with Tucker. He's so excited to learn more and I love having some more one-on-one time with him. =)
All around it's been a great first day! Hopefully we can continue in our new routine and have fun learning all sorts of new things this year!

Ready to go!

Tucker took this pic! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment